Senior Oracle Database Developer (#17-002)
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web Development, and Branding and Communications firm with 20+ years providing professional services to large Federal clients.
At NDi, we engineer success into our solutions by concentrating first and foremost on the end-user, the mission of our customer, and the bottom line. NDi builds solutions designed for tomorrow that deliver results today. NDi has demonstrated expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Advanced Application Development, Information Assurance, and Networking.
A solutions-driven designer & developer with a solid track record of leading the full lifecycle of highly complex software and database development projects. This position will support the data warehouse enterprise. Primary developer for data warehouse. Produce technical documentation in support of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements, propose, design and implement technical solutions.
- Design and create data warehouse.
- Create ETL procedures to load the data.
- Develop Oracle PL/SQL programs to interface data into custom data mart Star & Snowflake schemas.
- Implement rules in PL/SQL to display data on dashboards.
- Develop connection to TCP/IP stream of real time data and parse high volume xml.
- Develop procedure to parse JMS client XML messages and load into database.
- Migrate data from legacy system to new system.
- Responsible for design and development of data architecture and ETL data flows.
- Work effectively with the DBA teams to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
- Provide production support from development teams for existing systems, troubleshoot data and/or system issues.
- Identify root causes and resolve data related issues. Review and optimize query performance.
Qualifications: Experience / Skills
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, and ETL processing using Oracle using 11g. Experience with database development tools (Oracle, Toad), ETL and integration technologies Oracle database SQL, PL/SQL programming, performance tuning, ETL design experience
- Utilize Oracle Designer, Oracle Discoverer, and Oracle Enterprise Manager SAP Business Objects, Data Services and Designer, GIT, JIRA, My SQL
- Data warehouse architect, designer and developer Design documentation and presentation
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF)
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to analyze a situation, develop options, and provide clear guidance to team members.
- Demonstrate experience communicating effectively across all levels of management and technical expertise in planning and building project deliverables on time and within budget.
Experience working at FAA as consultant
Experience working on FAA 1 and PURE Data Warehouse at FAA
This position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study. Engineering, math and science degrees are also acceptable. Additional years of experience beyond what is required for the position may substitute for degree.
Certifications for Oracle Database a plus+ 10+ years of experience required.
Must be able to obtain public clearance
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes should include:
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained
NDi is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans are encouraged to apply