Full Stack Java / Python Developer (#17-001)
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web and Communications firm with 20 years of providing professional services to large Federal clients. At NDi, we engineer success into our solutions by concentrating first and foremost on the end-user, the mission of our customer, and the bottom line. NDi builds solutions designed for tomorrow that deliver results today. NDi has demonstrated expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
NDi has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and talented full stack Java / Python Developer with a solid object oriented programming background.
The Developer designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices. Duties will include creating new program codes and testing newly installed programs to verify functionality; regular consultations with clients concerning software; writing reports on development progress and presenting those reports to senior management. Detailed duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop applications that are deployed to the python/java application server.
- Direct code development as part of small coding team within specific areas on the application as assigned by Development Manager.
- Assess existing source code and adapt to meet current requirements
- Support production environment with resolving application errors including backend and front end.
- Assist on team activities to analyze and improve system performance.
- Use version control system to manage software code.
- Enforce application development standards and best practices.
- Update design documentation, as required.
- Adhere to the Agile methodologies Software Development Life Cycle.
- Identify and provide recommendations for system process improvements.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc status reports for each assignment for Development Manager and Project Manager.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned, with review.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems.
- Makes application changes, and resolves incidents and problems according to established policies & procedures.
- Expert on Python/Java programming languages.
- Experience with HTML/CSS markup and dynamic markup.
- Expert on Object Oriented Programming, Model View Controller paradigm.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing web based applications on Python/Java application servers.
- Experience with build tools, especially Jenkins.
- Experience with version control system Git.
- Experience with Cloud and big data technologies.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine and container technologies.
- Knowledge of Nosql database, such as MongoDB.
Minimum Education /Experience Qualifications:
- Advanced skill and expertise in software development.
- Extensive time and resource management skills.
- Familiar with technology governance and best practice.
- Works well within AGILE project management methodology.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Systems, IT Management Systems, or other IT degree is required. Engineering, Math or Science degrees are also acceptable.
(6 years of relevant experience may qualify for a B.S.)
10+ years of relevant work experience is required
(A Master’s degree may substitute for two years of experience)
ClearanceMust be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes should include:
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained
NDi is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans are encouraged to apply